Made with a hellishly spicy interpretation of the barbecue sauce!
The first thing I made with Homestyle Alchemy’s Barbecue Sauce I is not a steak or burger, but a Barbecue Sausage Pizza! Made with a hellishly spicy interpretation of the barbecue sauce, this piece is an easy and satisfying work of art enriched with creamy fresh mozzarella and herbs.
If you’re lucky enough to own an outdoor grill, try grilling the pizza for a pure, smoky, outdoor flavor!
Try the Insta-Pizza Dough recipe if you want to make the crust yourself.
Our Barbecue Sauce I is not vegetarian or vegan, but you can use a vegetarian or vegan barbecue sauce and substitute the meat with chopped and sautéed mushrooms and tofu. Make them more flavorful with salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano to taste. Of course substitute the mozzarella with vegan cheese, or leave out the cheese completely.
Barbecue Sausage Pizza
- 1 LBS (500g) Pizza Dough
- 8 OZ (226g) Fresh Mozzarella Balls or Shredded Mozzarella (or amount to taste)
- ¼ Cup (85g) Marinara Sauce (or amount to taste)
- ½ Cup (170g) Barbecue Sauce (or amount to taste)
- ½ LBS (225g) Fresh Ground Sage Sausage
- Dried or Fresh Oregano chopped to taste
- Dried or Fresh Thyme chopped to Taste
Preheat oven to 550°F (290°C) or as high as your oven will go.
Heat 2 TBSP of vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté the sage sausage until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked (approximately 10 minutes). Mix the ground sausage into the barbecue sauce.
On a floured surface, gently shape the dough into a 14 or 16 inch crust.
Spread the marinara sauce evenly over the crust, and then evenly spread the barbecue sauce and sausage over the marinara.
Top the pizza with your preferred amount of cheese and herbs.
Bake pizza for 15 to 17 minutes or until pizza crust is puffy and crispy and toppings are cooked.
- The amount of toppings provided is just a suggestion. The great thing about pizza is that you can customize it to your taste. Add more or less, so long as you’re happy with how you like to eat it.
- For the meat lovers out there, add bacon, chicken, and pepperoni.
© 2018 Parker Artistry Brands LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Love this post? Let us know!
Click on a star to rate it!
Average Rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this recipe!