It’s Garlicky, it’s nutty, it’s savory…”
No tomatoes? No problem! For some, white pizza isn’t a thing; but today, I’m here to make it a thing. What do you do if you can’t eat tomato sauce for [insert reason here]? Well, some people use alfredo sauce. But I think the best white pizza uses pesto sauce because it adds another layer of herbaceous flavor.
Using the Insta-Pizza Dough, I came up with this chicken sausage pizza early one day when my household randomly wanted pizza. Of course it ended up fantastic! It’s garlicky, it’s nutty, it’s savory, and it makes everyone go “Oh My God!”
Chicken Sausage and Pesto Pizza
For the Chicken Sausage
- ½ LBS (225g) Ground Chicken
- ½ TBSP (8g) Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ TBSP (7g) Red or White Wine Vinegar
- ½ TBSP (5g) Dried or Fresh Thyme
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves chopped
For the Pizza
- 1 LBS (500g) Pizza Dough
- 8 OZ (226g) Fresh Mozzarella Balls or Shredded Mozzarella (or amount to taste)
- 1 Head Broccoli chopped
- ¼ Cup (60g) Sweet Onion, chopped
- 3 TBSP (50g) Pesto Sauce
- 2 TBSP (30g) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ TSP (2g) Sea Salt
- Dried or Fresh Oregano chopped to taste
- Additional Dried or Fresh Thyme chopped to Taste
Make the Sausage
Preheat oven to 550°F (290°C) or as high as your oven will go.
In a medium bowl, lightly mix the ground chicken with the sea salt, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, thyme, and garlic until fully incorporated.
Heat 2 TBSP of vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté the ground chicken and chopped broccoli until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked (approximately 10 minutes).
Complete the Pizza
On a floured surface, gently shape the dough into a 14 or 16 inch crust.
Mix the olive oil and pesto sauce together and spread it evenly over the crust. Evenly place the onions, ground chicken, and broccoli over the pesto sauce, then top with mozzarella or your preferred amount of cheese and herbs.
Bake pizza for 15 to 17 minutes or until pizza crust is puffy and crispy and toppings are cooked.
- You can make the pizza vegetarian by omitting the chicken sausage. It still comes out delicious! Add additional veggies such as carrots, peppers, mushrooms, or more onions if you like!
© 2018 Parker Artistry Brands LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Love this post? Let us know!
Click on a star to rate it!
Average Rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this recipe!