A Quick solution for managing pizza in under an hour!
Insta-Pizza-Dough (Pizza Dough in an Instant)
Really good pizza crust usually takes more than a few hours for the flavor to develop into something really special. But I wanted pizza today, dammit! And you probably want pizza today too!
Insta-Pizza-Dough is a quick solution for managing pizza in under an hour. It’s also a pleasant treat with added garlic and herbs.
If you happen to have a sourdough starter and need a place to discard some of it, dump the contents into this pizza dough to give it an edge. Otherwise, you can keep it simple with just flour, water, salt, and yeast.
- 4 ½ Cups (600g) 00 Flour, All-Purpose Flour, or Bread Flour
- 1 ¾ Cups (400g) Water
- 1 TBSP plus ½ TSP (18g) Sea Salt
- 2 TSP (10g) Instant Yeast
- Optional 1 Small Bunch Each of Rosemary and Thyme
- Optional 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- Optional ¼ Cup (60g) Sourdough Starter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for your hands.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt, then the yeast. Mix in the water, sourdough starter (if using), herbs, and garlic.
Coat your hands with olive oil and mix the dough until it becomes a wet and sticky yet shapeable mound. You can mix the dough with a stand mixer if you have one.
Let the dough double or triple in size (30-60 minutes). If you need pizza immediately, you can still use it in 30 minutes, but for extra flavor, let it rest for at least an hour. Punch down the dough and divide into 2 separate balls.
If not using one or two of the dough balls immediately, wrap the dough ball(s) into plastic wrap and seal them in a large freezer bag. You can keep them in the freezer for up to four months or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Preheat oven to 550°F (290°C) or as high as your oven will go.
On a floured surface, gently shape the dough into a 14 or 16 inch crust and add your toppings.
Bake pizza for 15 to 17 minutes or until pizza crust is puffy and crispy and toppings are cooked.
- If you're not in a hurry, leave the pizza dough in the refrigerator overnight. This will give your crust more flavor.
- You can experiment with other herbs and peppers; sage and marjoram. You can also mix in chopped chilies or sun-dried tomatoes.
© 2018 Parker Artistry Brands LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Love this post? Let us know!
Click on a star to rate it!
Average Rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this recipe!